Friday, May 6, 2011

Fitness Gear

  I've been working out for a pretty long time and if there's one thing that I've learned with regards to my gear (clothes, equipment, etc) is that quality of material really makes a difference. When I first started working out, I gravitated towards Nike but the fit wasn't so good on me because I have a huge butt and their pants are just so low waist and I would always have to hold the back of my pants up because they kept on going down. 
  After years of being in this situation, I was relieved when I was able to buy really really good fitting pants from Lululemon, Tonic and Tension. They aren't the mainstream brands but they fit me like a glove. I can move in whatever way I would want and my pants would stay put. Their tops are also so fashionable and functional. The material they use is like having your clothes feel like your skin. You have to try it to believe it. I think that's why more and more women have switched especially for yoga practitioners. 
  I have been practicing yoga for more than 3 years and the mat I would highly recommend for everyone would be Manduka mats. They are so durable that no matter how much sweat or friction it comes in contact with, it doesn't break. I've tried mats that chip off while I workout--ugh! The other plus side is that it doesn't absorb water as well so my mats don't stink =)

   For towels, I am loyal to yogitoes. I just love them because they don't slip so I feel more liberated and I am able to move more freely during practice. It's a plus that they come in such nice colors.
  I don't have full proof rubber shoes yet. I seem to be okay with Nike and Adidas. I tried using Asics since I tried running but I got injured with them so I'm sticking to Nike and Adidas since they both work well for me. 

   Don't be afraid to invest in your gear because if you get excellent quality they would last longer and would save you more money in the long run. Just buy what you need and believe me they can withstand a lot that sometimes you'd wish they didn't so you could buy a new one(hahaha)!

No comments:

Post a Comment