Friday, May 6, 2011

Why did I write this blog?

I started working out about 10 years ago. I wanted to lose weight and look great when we go to the beach so I enrolled myself in a gym. I've tried so many kinds of workouts--doing weights, gym classes, boxing, pilates, plyometrics, yoga and the list goes on--over the years. I admit that my reasons for working out now are a bit different from when I started. 
The bottom line is I want to feel and look good but another great driving force to my workouts is that I consider them my "me" time and that is sacred for me. For that 60-90mins of working out, I can be totally selfish and only think of myself. I get to hear myself think, I get to relax and I get to enjoy the high from the endorphins that get released in my brain afterwards. It prepares me for all the chaos that awaits me outside of my workout (which is what people normally call LIFE--hehehehe).
I have decided to chronicle the ups and downs that I face when I workout. I want to document how I am able to persevere and struggle to reach my fitness goals. I want to be able to look back and see how my journey of being physically, mentally and spiritually fit has changed my life and hopefully I would get to inspire other people to go on their own journey and live a long, healthy and happy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment