Sunday, May 8, 2011

Loving the rain

I've been practicing Bikram this summer and it has been a killer because of the heat. I really don't mind having a humid room but with no sun. My practice today has been a blessing because of the cool climate. I wasn't able to get much sleep last night because of Baby P and I've been up since 4am so it was a good surprise to have been able to practice without struggling with the heat.
I was able to relax in my Savasana's and I didn't have to count in my head unlike if the sun was out and I'd feel my throat getting dry and itching to drink water. I had a pretty good practice. I was able to curve my back more in all the back bends and I did struggle a bit in the standing head to knee and bow pose but it was because I was able to get deeper into the postures and I'm still trying to find my body's complete balance in them.
I will miss my Bikram practice this week since we'll be leaving for hong kong and I'm afraid of how I'll perform when I get back but that's life. Every practice is different and sometimes when I least expect myself to do good, I actually am able to deliver and nail my postures.

No comments:

Post a Comment