Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 1 of 30 Day Challenge

I have been neglecting blogging regarding my fitness because I hit a slump and almost didn't go thru with the 30 day challenge. I have told you about my back injury and it got a bit worse that I had to go to another doctor and he diagnosed me as having an inflammation in my spine. I kinda figured as much but what I didn't like was that he told me to stop doing any workout for two weeks. That's when I told my husband about it and he also agreed with the doctor and told me to rest.
Naturally, I got depressed and irritated. When I consulted Ginger she told me that she could modify my postures because she went through the same thing so I talked to my hubby and sulked a little bit until he allowed me to practice. So, 3 days have gone by with the start of July and I had to make up for my missed classes by doing double classes.
My first day went by okay. My ego struggled with me holding back with my postures but I just swallowed my pride. Better to be practicing with modified postures than non at all right? So, I took it easy on my first day. I have been drinking water constantly all throughout the day to help not drink during class and so far it worked. I also read that you expend more energy by digesting water when you drink so I have programmed my brain to conserve energy in class and I just try to take longer breaths. Surprisingly, the urge to drink has waned and I'm ok.
I'll be doing a double class for my day 2. I'll tell you how that one went tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment