Friday, July 22, 2011

Day 26 of the 30 Day Bikram Yoga Challenge

I have been really busy this month because of work, in-laws and other family obligations that's why I've been taking the 6am class so often. This day was no different. I set my alarm for 5am then got right out of bed after my alarm rung to get ready for class. By 5:40, I was in the studio laying my mat in my favorite spot. 
I was still tired from yesterday's double but I was also excited because I only had this day and saturday then I get to take a break for 4 days before I go back to the hot room on thurs next week. Rina hardly opened the doors and windows but I honestly didn't mind. It was so early and the room's temperature was just right. I was still sweating like anything inspite of the lack of heat--I'd like to think that this was because of the effort that I exert in my practice =)
I kicked out on the second part of standing head to knee and I noticed that I find it easier to touch my forehead to my knee on my right side. I can actually stay in the pose and get out of it the right way unlike my left side. I have a harder time touching my forehead to my knee there so I usually fall out on that side. I'm happy and thankful that I can do this pose inspite of lack of practice since I have only done this once before after I got injured. Overall, I had a good practice. My standing bows have been steadily improving as well. I feel the differences in my postures, the little adjustments that I have been able to make because of this challenge and I'm excited to unlock more things to make me go deeper in my postures. 
Day 27 coming up tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment