Friday, July 22, 2011

Day 24 & Day 25 of the 30 Day Bikram Yoga Challenge

I took the 6am class for my Day 24 and the 4pm class for my Day 25. Rina was our teacher for both classes. In the morning, my energy level was quite low and I struggled with my water intake. I didn't drink much but I kept on wanting to drink most of the time. I was a bit mentally absent, my mind has been getting more and more restless lately so when I finished my practice I felt like I was in a daze.
Lea and I agreed to go to the 4pm class. I was a bit undecided about going into the room at such a hot hour but when my friend told me that he'd join me, I was left with no choice but to accompany him. The room was once again HOT! My friend couldn't stop panting and drinking beside me because of the heat. I actually got surprised that I was able to withstand the heat with not much resistance from my brain. I stood my ground in the postures and since my body was so much more flexible then, I had an easy time going into the postures. I was fueled by a sudden determination to stay in the postures for the entire time and I was successful about 98% of the time. I think that I was staying strong so that my friend wouldn't completely break down beside me. I wanted to give some of my energy to him and to help him finish the class.
I did drink a lot when we got to the floor series and I only started getting irritated by the heat when the sun was already creeping on my left side. The room was hot enough without its direct rays so having it so near me was torturous. I did survive my last double for the challenge and I loved it!
After the class, I did feel proud to have finished 7 doubles. I thought it was never going to happen last week but just like that and it was over! I feel quite contented =)
Day 26 coming up tom!

No comments:

Post a Comment