Saturday, July 9, 2011

Day 9 of 30 day Bikram Yoga Challenge

Since I started my 30 day BYA challenge, I haven't been sleeping with my Baby because I know that lack of sleep will definitely make my practices harder but I saw my nanny the other day and felt bad that she hasn't been able to sleep so I told her that I'd take baby P with me on weekends. Last night, both my kids gave me a hard time. My eldest kept on tossing and turning until he fell off the bed while my youngest was being his usual self, which is like having a tazmanian devil on the bed while sleeping. I was hardly able to rest so I didn't know how my practice would be this morning.
When I got to the studio, I was a bit thankful that the weather wasn't so hot. As I was waiting for the 930am class to start, I was chatting with some friends and I heard my tummy grumble! I couldn't believe that I was soooo hungry! I did take 2 bananas before going to class but my stomach just didn't want to stop complaining. In my head, I knew that I'd be in for a challenging class because my mind was just everywhere and concentration was a bit difficult.
I actually surprised myself that I was focused in the whole standing series. My second round of bow pulling pose was better than my first and I didn't fall out that round. I could feel the improvement in my body from the challenge. I'm able to lock my knees more than before and my shoulders are starting to open up more. I was able to refrain from drinking water when we came to the floor series.
As I was in the locust pose, I noticed that I was able to turn my shoulders in more and I was able to shift some of my weight a bit more forward because my shoulders were turned in more. In this posture I also realized that since my right back muscles were a bit more stiff, my right leg didn't come up as high as my left either so I tried my best to balance and life both legs to the same height.
The spine strengthening series that I did today was the best from the time I got my injury. Rina made the postures longer for our practice this morning tho so after rabbit, I felt the irritating pins and needles once again overtaking my body! Whenever this happens to me, I really get destabilized because I seem to run out of energy pretty fast and I notice every single thing that is giving me a hard time. I notice my thirst as my insides start quivering and how the room is so humid that breathing gets even harder. I had a hard time doing the kapalabhati, I felt so weak.
I think that my water intake yesterday wasn't enough as well that's why I faltered in the end. Of course, I did my best not to show it. I was panting even after resting for 4mins after class. I guess it was just one of those days. I'm just thankful that I was able to be in the class.
Day 10 coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment