Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day 10,11 & 12 of the 30 day Bikram Yoga Challenge

I wasn't able to write about my Day 10 yesterday because I got quite busy but it was a fairly easy class because I attended the 6am and the room was nice and cool then. For my Day 11&12, I did a back to back class once again. I must admit that I was dreading it because of my traumatic experience last week.
For the 6am class, I was feeling tired and sleepy plus I drank my banana smoothie a bit late so my tummy was quite full. I couldn't suck my stomach in that much and I feared that since my energy level was low already then I'd really have a hard time for my second class. 6am classes are cooler but it's also a bit harder to move and stretch since my muscles aren't warmed up yet and it usually takes me until after awkward to really feel the warmth.
After my first class, I decided to take a shower to wake me up so that I'd be energized for my second class. My body was more flexible during this time because it was warmer from doing my first class. Surprisingly, I found my back-to-back classes a whole lot more manageable now. I only really struggled with my thirst. I did try my best to hydrate myself in between classes but I guess it wasn't enough so I drank 3 times in class. I felt so alive after my yoga sessions today so I did feel pretty good about my practice =)
I went to my doctor this afternoon and I still have to practice my modified postures until I fully recover but when I asked him about me back bending again, he gave me a funny look and said "we'll see". I think I will go to another doctor so that they can help me find a way to be able to get over my back problems aside from making me stop yoga. I have scheduled a consultation with a chiropractor as well that has been highly recommended by three people. I'm hoping that he can really help me.
That's it for now. Day 13 coming up tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment