Friday, July 29, 2011

Day 28 of the 30 Day Bikram Yoga Challenge



I woke up bright and early for my first day back after a 4 day leave and I was about to leave quite early when I couldn’t find the car keys. The helpers left to do their market and I couldn’t get thru to my driver’s mobile phone. I had to wake my hubby up to ask where the other set of keys were. I had a pretty rough start this morning.

I got to the studio a bit later than usual and chit chatted with the girls for a bit. Omar was our teacher this morning and the weather has been cold and wet so I didn’t mind that he didn’t open the doors much because my body needed heat! I was so stiff from having a break for too long and my concentration was a bit off.

I was right to have been wary of leaving for so long because I felt it in my practice. My muscles were tight and all the playing with the kids actually made me bend the wrong way one time so my back was tighter than it was before I left. I wasn’t panting in class but I felt the difference in my practice.

I hate to admit this but my body was craving for a double. I wanted to do a double so bad because in my head I knew that my second practice would mean that I was more flexible and that I wouldn’t struggle so much in getting into the postures. I was supposed to attend the 4pm class but hubby wanted me to go with him somewhere. I only have 2 more to go but I’ve been toying with the idea of doing a double tom and I’d still go to class on Saturday of course. I never thought that I’d like doing doubles but my mind and body really is wanting and craving for one. How odd. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that I’d be longing for one. This challenge has definitely changed me and this is a testament of just how far I’ve grown and adapted into this practice in less than a month. I’m excited for my practice tom.
Day 29 and maybe 30 coming up tom =)

No comments:

Post a Comment