Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 5 of the 30 day Bikram Yoga Challenge

On my way to class I bumped into Ginger and lo and behold she told me that she forgot to tell me that I should hold off on doing the sit-ups until my back is better. I gave her my "you've got to be kidding me" look and she said "i know, i know but i'm sorry you need to hold back". 
Today's practice was mental for me in the sense that I had to remind myself to hold back. Injuries are so frustrating and it really humbles you. I was fighting with myself the whole time not to be bitter about my modified practice and know that I will emerge stronger afterwards. Ok, that's what I tell myself but it was hard when I was going through it. 
For this practice, I'm thankful that I did not drink water for the whole 90 minutes and that I didn't fall in both sets of my modified standing head to knee.
Day 6 for me will be this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment