Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day 27 of the 30 day Bikram Yoga Challenge

Ginger decided to have a 6am class just for this saturday so that people who need to catch up can do so this week. I wasn't supposed to take this class but since I had a chiropractor session this morning I opted for this  instead of the 3pm. 
Ginger told us that she would give us an easy class because it was early and it was a weekend. She was very lenient today so I decided to try harder because we had more recovery time in between postures. I had  a massage yesterday and it helped me a bit because my muscles were a bit more loose except for the ones in my shoulders so it was easier for me to open up in the postures. 
The energy in the room was relaxed and I felt no tension until Ginger decided to share a story about what my friend did. I was so shocked at what he did and how he name dropped me that I definitely had a renewed surge of energy afterwards. I couldn't help thinking--"Oh my gosh, I can't believe he said that!". Of course the whole class was laughing at the story but I really couldn't fathom how my friend could have misinterpreted my stories and hung me out to dry like that. After that story, my locust and bow were so high because of the surge of energy that I felt. 
What my friend did really was funny but quite embarrassing for me. Thank goodness that he's such a good friend of mine or else I think I would've given him a hard time after. Did this instance affect my practice? Of course! It made me do better because it absolutely woke me up! At least something good came out of it ;s
We all finished the class in pretty high spirits. I went to the chiropractor after and he said that I didn't have scoliosis based on my x-ray but I do have a slight curvature. I'm hoping that I respond well to his treatments because I want my spine to get better. I need it to get better!
Just a few hours ago it hit me that I wouldn't be able to do Bikram for 4 days and I really got tempted to do a double just for the heck of it because I'd miss it. Wow! I never thought I'd feel that way before. I always said that I wouldn't do a double if I didn't need to but now I'm wanting to do it just because. Hhmmmm.....I guess this challenge hasn't only changed my body but also my mind. I truly am so glad that I joined this challenge. It opened up so many things for me to experience. 
I'm a bit nervous about taking such a long break but Omar said that I'd come back strong so that's what I'm looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment