Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 7 of the 30 day Bikram Yoga Challenge

This day started as a challenge for me. I bumped my car on my way to the studio so I had to miss the morning class. This day did not start out well for me. However, I learned to let go because there was nothing that I could do and I am just thankful that I could take the 6pm class.
I can feel the fatigue that is starting in my body but I can also feel the improvement in my spine and the other parts of my body. My body seems to be more loose in areas that were once tight. I can feel my back starting to open up again but my shoulders are becoming a bit stiff and my thighs are starting to hurt. My abs hurt not because I do the sit ups (because I can only start doing those again next tues) but because I have been getting major cramps on my lower abs when I suck my stomach in during some postures. Gosh, having stomach cramps while curling in is not fun at all, it hurts like hell but I have to keep a straight face and try to practice with grace.
Tonight's class was good but I did have one drink of water. I had stomach cramps once again but overall I was calm and at peace in class even if I was sweating a lot!!!! I'm just happy and thankful that I am able to practice with a calm state of mind. Whenever my heart rate goes up I am able to calm myself again right away.
I am dreading tomorrow's class a bit because it's saturday and it's usually full on saturdays. Hence, it's harder also. I'm excited for our potluck in the studio tho because all of us can at least vent out our frustrations, motivate each other and get to know each other more.
Day 8 tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment