Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 14 & 15 of the 30day Bikram Yoga Challenge

I have come to the realization that for the remainder of this whole challenge we would get out butts kicked by our teachers if one or more of them is practicing with us. Since most of them need to do doubles, I fear that we'd be in "hell" for the remainder of the month.
This morning Omar was very nice and opened the door and windows for long periods so I was happy to have a bit of a break from all the intense practices. I think that it's nice to have breathers from time to time because it re-energizes me. This challenge is taking its toll on my patience and mind control at times so letting myself have an easier time is something I welcome just so that I have time to ground myself once again.
Moving on, after this morning's practice I took the medication that my doctor gave me for my back muscle spasm. I really dislike that medication because it makes me weak and disoriented. When I was still feeling the effects at 2pm I decided to take coffee to help me have enough strength to get to the 4pm class.
Last week, the 4pm class was nice to be in because it was raining but today the heat was at more than 42degrees and the heat of the sun was really penetrating inside the room.
Silly me but I actually thought that Ginger would open the door and windows wider BUT noooooo! We did not have such privilege until we reached the last two postures. To make things worse, I had to pee while we were doing the standing series. Please take note that I did pee twice already before class started and I guess the coffee I drank was wreaking havoc on my bladder. When it was standing separate leg head to knee, I begged ginger to let me pee because sucking my stomach was actually painful already but I obediently finished the postures first before I was able to get my bathroom break during tree pose.
I hated the heat this afternoon but my brain wasn't cussing as much as yesterday. I don't know why. According to Lea(one of my classmates), I would be thankful after I regain my breath for today because I was able to do my double and finish my work and home duties at the same time and she's right, I am thankful for all of those today.
Day 16 tomorrow, I'm not sure how that will be but I shall hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment