Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 23 of the 30 day Bikram Yoga Challenge

I took my 23rd day yesterday morning and Rina was our teacher. I don't know why but I had a hard time in class. It wasn't hot because it was 6am but I was sweating as if it was a 4pm class. Let this be known that Rina is often mistaken by people as someone who gives easy classes but the truth is she holds the postures almost or even as long as Ginger. The only difference with the two is that Rina allows us to have more air circulation by opening the doors and windows.
Yesterday, I really noticed and felt how my thigh muscles were struggling to do the leg work. I guess locking your knees for how many consecutive times can also really take its toll on one's body. I struggled physically with the class because I found myself trying to exert so much more effort just to try to get myself balanced in the postures(for both standing and floor series).
I finished the class tired also because I lacked sleep. Later that day, I went to see Dr. Camara. He's a very well recommended chiropractor and when he checked my spine he told me that I had scoliosis and that my old injury in my lumbar area is still not better as well as my middle spine. He pressed those parts with his fingers and my toes really curled up from the pain! The good thing about him is that he said I don't have anything that cannot be fixed. He told me that I could still do yoga and I can continue with cardio and plyometrics once he has fixed my alignment because it would be counter productive to strengthen my body when I'm not aligned yet.
I liked him instantly when he didn't tell me to stop what I'm doing. Instead, he found ways for him to be able to help me continue what I was doing(yoga of course). I'm crossing my fingers and praying that he'd really be the help I need to conquer my back problems.
Day 24 coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment