Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 4 of the 30day Bikram Yoga Challenge

I was a bit harassed going to the studio because I encountered traffic and I thought that I wouldn't make it to class in time but thank goodness I did. Today, I've started truly feeling the aches and pains in my body such as my front hips and legs, my shoulders and my right back muscles. Why my right back muscles? I looked at myself while practicing the bow this morning and I realized that I was kicking my right leg more than the left that's why I guess its really much stiffer than the left.
Today's class was more manageable than my 2nd class yesterday but I had a harder time telling myself to not drink water until after class. Our teacher opened the doors and window so it wasn't the heat, maybe my water intake yesterday wasn't enough so today I made sure to drink even more and I have been taking a lot of the water with sea salt and lemon to help me. I'm not sure exactly how helpful it is, maybe I'll notice it when I later into the challenge.
I can't believe that I'm only on my 4th day. My body is starting to protest and stiffen but my willpower is still strong. I just can't imagine doing this everyday!
Anyway, I should be thinking positively so I'm thankful that today I was able to last the whole class without drinking water and that I was able to finish the class feeling alive and not like I was run over by a truck!
Day 5&6 tomorrow for me. I'll be taking two classes but one in the morning and one at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment